IFD is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, non-governmental, youth-led organization that works for socialization of youth in the ethos of democracy. IFD provides political literacy to youth giving them the knowledge, skills and disposition required to be responsible citizens of a participatory, liberal progressive democracy.
We aim to achieve that through:
– Working with formal educational structures to provide critical knowledge and skills to youth to enable them to make sense of the working of the public institutions, processes and their role in it.
– Creating platforms for capacity building of youth and networking among them.
– Forming youth groups to work in collaboration with the elected representatives and local administration officials.
– Lobbying with Legislators and government officials for strengthening of democracy.
– Connecting Youth from Conflicting groups for peace, pluralism and diversity.
– Involving celebrities, active community leaders, and other influential individuals for peace.